Tel: 01609 779927
Caroline Mattinson – Dip. Counselling, MBACP, BA Hons, PostGrad Dip
Caroline is an integrative counsellor, providing short and long-term therapy to adults, children, and young people, in Northallerton and Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
“I have a very strong belief in the positive nature of all human beings, and the uniqueness and worth of everyone. I believe that you are the expert in your own internal world, and you are the only person who can decide what the meaning of your life is, and how you choose to live it. I don’t offer advice, but instead, hope to provide a warm and welcoming environment, free from judgement, where we can work together to overcome or become reconciled with whatever it is you’re facing; finding, or building upon your existing resources, and seeking out new ways for you to move forward”.
Training, qualifications and experience
Caroline works in an integrative way, adapting to what might best suit your needs and also enjoys working with the healing power of nature, offering outdoor therapy as part of her practice. An interest in the transpersonal, and spiritual philosophies also informs her work, together with her mindfulness training, is also a BACP Spirituality member.
Caroline currently works for the charity MIND, and also works in health and social care and the charity sector, where she supports people with a wide range of issues such as anxiety, depression, disability discrimination, grief, bereavement, and loss, relationship issues, the demands of being a full-time carer, and the experience of living with life-limiting, chronic, or critical illness. Caroline’s counselling experience includes working with children, young people, and adults in schools, and in an agency offering low cost counselling to families, parents, guardians, children and young people.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 4
- Counselling Studies Level 3
- Counselling Skills Level 2
- Certificate in Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2
- Advanced Personal Trainer Diploma Level 4
- Graduate Diploma in Law, (University of Nottingham)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Guildford College of Law) (LPC) (The Law Society non-practicing solicitor)
- BA (Hons) Law & Sociology (University of Hull)
- BACP Competencies Training Working with Children, Young People and Families
- Grassroots Suicide Awareness Training
- Introduction to Online and Telephone Working
- Working With Soul in Personal Development
- Understanding Depression and Anxiety
- Mental Health Recovery and Compassion
- Importance of Play and Assessing a Child’s Place in the World
- Hoarding Awareness for Emergency Front-Line Services
- Introduction to Trauma
- Working with Eating Disorders
- LGBTQ+ Awareness
- Self-harm Awareness
- CSE Awareness
- Trigger Orientated Therapy
Treatment Schedule and Fees:
Caroline is available for appointments every Thursday afternoon at The Wellness Centre. For further details please visit: www.betternaturecounselling.co.uk
Caroline can be contacted directly by calling or message on WhatsApp: 07874012288. Please send e mail enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free initial telephone or online session (20 minutes) without obligation.
£45.00 per session (50 minutes)
Concessions are available to low-income clients, and students. Outdoor therapy is charged at £50 for a 60 minute session.
48 hours notice of cancellation is required, otherwise you will still need to pay for sessions missed. Payment by bank transfer.